Online Marketing for Restaurants
You have started a restaurant, so what’s next ? You got to tell people about it – the so called ‘Marketing’ !
Usually, marketing is about telling other people,
- who are you (or what is your business name) ? e.g, my restaurant is Lulu Cafe
- what are you selling or offering ? e.g., we sell organic coffee from South East Asia countries.
- where to find you ? e.g., we are located at Dataran Prima
- how much do you sell ? e.g., coffee : RM 5, Fruit Salad RM 7, etc.
- when are you selling ? e.g., operation hour : 7 am – 10 pm daily
- what so good about you and your product ? e.g., we only use premium bean.
Then you want to find out,
- how to tell people about you and your product ? List down 10 marketing channel you can think of, for example,
- Business networking group
- Magazine, etc
- how to attract people to see what you are offering ? You may try,
- Giving free food
- Attractive promotion, e.g., RM 1 for 1st cup of coffee,
- Tag your customer on facebook, etc
- how to get people to say good thing about you and your product ?
So what do you do first, and next ?
- Make sure your food is so good, your family and friends said it is good.
- it would be nice if you have a mission and vision in mind – e.g., you want to sell healthier food to people, you want to bring in the taste of nepalese food to Malaysia, etc.
- assuming you are pretty sure what you are offering, the next step is,
- get a domain name,
- set up a functional website,
- put up your food menu and price, location, operation hour, etc,
- set up a Facebook page, and link your website to facebook page, and link your website on facebook.
- add your restaurant in google place
- get your restaurant listed in
- you may advertise on group-buying website’s to attract new customers.
- spend some money on Facebook advertisement
- spend some money on Google Adwords advertisement
- invite at least 5 food bloggers to dine in your restaurant, and write about you and your food. You may try,
- provide online reservation service for your client to book a table
- Attractive promotion & Discount ! Give your customers discount voucher ! Make it big – says, 50% ! Make it fun ! But Keep it simple !
Now, you may ask – if you have already done well via Facebook marketing, why do you still need a website ?
The analogy is, it is comfortable to live in a hotel, however, you would prefer to stay in your own home, right ? A website, is like a home, for your business, in the internet world.
You may ask again – do you need a mobile app ?
I would say – let’s get your website work for you first.
Here’s are some interesting websites out there, for your reference.
Contact us now for a free consultation.